GOAL 1: NAMI Far North's sustainability and growth are assured.
1. Current leadership receives sufficient resources to move the organization forward. Identify necessary committees, develop broader member participation, appoint volunteer Chairs, ensure an adequate volunteer workforce for the responsibilities assumed by the organization.
Recruit and prepare new Directors
Seek Board Development/Motivation/Inspiration opportunities- example national convention, Idaho nonprofit training
Provide Officer Skill-building Training
Provide Travel/Training Reimbursement
2. Members appreciate and receive value from joining and annual renewal
Arrange timely and relevant guest speakers
Sustain membership growth of 5% annually
Secure adequate meeting space for general meetings and groups
Social events -example Walk in the Woods, Barbecues
GOAL 2: NAMI Far North obtains and manages adequate resources to achieve its goals. Key Results: 1. Diversified funding sources support the strategic plan and organizational goals.
Conduct fundraising events
-example Farm to Table dinners, Movie, Walks
Collect membership dues
Seek contributions from Individual Donors, including Board Members
2. Specific projects and organizational capacity are funded by grant awards.
-Apply for appropriate Grants as needs are identified. NOTE: Organizational Capacity is defined as: Ability of an organization expressed in terms of its (1) Human resources: their number, quality, skills, and experience, (2) Physical and material resources: machines, land, buildings, (3) Financial resources: money and credit, (4) Information resources: pool of knowledge, databases, and (5) Intellectual resources: copyrights, designs, patents, etc.
GOAL 3: NAMI Far North works to improve the lives of Consumers and their Families.
1. NAMI Signature Programs are in place.
Offer Family to Family or Family and Friends once each year in Bonners Ferry and Sandpoint (2021, 2022, 2023)
Support consumer presentations such as In Our Own Voice by paying the Presenter's stipend and mileage allowance (2021, 2022, 2023)
Support NAMI Connection and Family Support Group (2021, 2022, 2023)
2. Other NAMI Signature Programs such as P2P, PTAA, Providers, e.g. are introduced and supported as requested and sustained by the membership (2021, 2022, 2023) 3. NAMI Far North responds effectively to requests and the needs of the constituency by:
Maintaining Helpline answered by knowledgeable volunteers (2021, 2022, 2023)
Maintain and increase support groups when initiated by, facilitated and supported by constituency. (2021, 2022, 2023)
4. NAMI Far North collaborates with other agencies/organizations to:
Explore and identify internship/ volunteer opportunities in the community for NAMI members. (2021, 2022, 2023)
GOAL 4: NAMI Far North is an effective advocate on behalf of Consumers and their Families.
1. NAMI Far North supports NAMI and NAMI Idaho advocacy efforts. (2021,2022, 2023) 2. NAMI Far North works with the public, the legislature, mental health care providers and other agencies in pursuit of common goals in such areas as
Crisis Intervention Teams (2021, 2022, 2023)
Provision of and Access to Community-based services (2021, 2022, 2023)
Decriminalization of mental illness (2021, 2022, 2023)
GOAL 5: NAMI Far North provides education to the public to increase understanding of mental illness and decrease stigma.
1. NAMI Far North utilizes the following methods, opportunities, and forums to communicate, provide education, and disseminate information: